What is Chinese Medicine and how might it help me?
The Southdown Clinic’s Director and Chinese herbal Medicine Practitioner Helen Thomas, member of the Register of Chinese Herbal Medicine, wanted to share with you some thoughts from the organisation on what Chinese Herbal Medicine is, it’s history and how it can help a multitude of conditions. It’s one of the great herbal systems of the world, with an unbroken tradition going back to the 3rd century BC.
– Skin disease, including eczema, psoriasis, acne, rosacea, urticaria
– Gastro-intestinal disorders, including irritable bowel syndrome, chronic constipation, ulcerative colitis
– Gynaecological conditions, including pre-menstrual syndrome, painful periods and endometriosis, polycystic ovary syndrome, infertility – male and female issues. Menopausal and peri menopausal symptoms.
– Chronic fatigue syndromes, whether with a background of viral infection or in other situations
– Respiratory conditions, including asthma, bronchitis, and chronic coughs, allergic and perennial rhinitis and sinusitis
– Rheumatological conditions (e.g. osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis)
– Urinary conditions including chronic cystitis
-Psychological problems (e.g. depression, anxiety).
Read more here about how Chinese Herbal Medicine can help many of these conditions, especially in their chronic forms, despite them often creating great difficulty for conventional medicine. As a RCHM member, Helen will be happy to discuss their experience of treating your type of problem with you before you commit yourself to taking Chinese herbal medicine.